Many times when we play slot games, winning or losing is all down to fate. This cosmic themed IGT game is all about that, fate being the determinant of winning or losing. While spinning The Fates’ five reels that have 27 paylines, what will be your fate, a win or a loss?
The only way to know the answer to this question is by playing the game. However, before you start playing the game, here are some important things you need to note.
The Fates iPad Slot Game Quick Start Guide
The Fates is a cosmic-themed game which has a background depicting a purple galaxy. The reels of the game are covered by a darker shade of the colour purple.
Reel symbols summary
Symbols on the reels in The Fates include different coloured orbs, different coloured gems and traditional poker symbols.
Base game symbols and pay tables
- Different coloured orbs: These are the highest paying icons in this game, at the same time, they are also the wild symbols in The Fates slot game. For matching five of these, you earn 1000 credits, for matching four you earn a 150x multiplier applied to your current line bet and for matching three you earn a 30x multiplier.
- Red Gem: The red gem is the second most paying symbol fetching a 500x multiplier when you match five of these, a 100x multiplier when you match four of these and a 25x multiplier when you match three of these.
- Purple Gem: The purple gem is the third most paying symbol in this game. For matching five of these you earn a 300x multiplier, for matching four you earn a 70x multiplier and for matching three you earn a 20x multiplier.
- Blue gem: The blue gem is the fourth most paying symbol in this game fetching a 200x multiplier when you match five of these, a 50x multiplier when you match four of these and a 15x multiplier when you match three of these.
- Green Gem: The green gem is the fifth most paying symbol in this game. For matching five of these you earn a 100x multiplier, for matching four of these you earn a 40x multiplier and for matching three of these you earn a 10x multiplier.
- Traditional Poker symbols: These are the low-value symbols in this game fetching a 50x multiplier for five of a kind, for four of a kind you earn a 20x multiplier and for three of a kind you earn a 5x multiplier.
Bonus Games and Features
- Wild: The different coloured orbs bar the golden orb are the default wilds in this game. However, the golden orb may also turn into a wild only when you manage to catch it (as it is hidden) on reel 3. All wilds do have the capability to transform when they want to complete a winning combination.
- Scatter: The bonus symbol in The Fates slot game is the icon written BONUS.
Free Spins Bonus:
- Three of the scatter symbols trigger this bonus game. Before you start spinning the reels for free, there is another ‘bonus game’ that you have to play. This ‘bonus game’ is the Lucky Spots bonus.
- During the Lucky Spots bonus, there is a ring that pops up on the middle reel, press the ring to set it in motion. After some time, the ring stops moving up and down and it lands on any position on the middle reel.
- Among the three positions that the ring may land in, there are three corresponding prizes you stand to win in addition to your free spins.
- If the ring stops on position 1, you will receive from a 2x to a 10x multiplier applied to all your wins during the free spins bonus.
- If the ring lands on position 2, all reels will turn into wild reels whenever you land a wild symbol thereby increasing your chances of getting a blackout win and in the process hitting the game’s jackpot of a 15,000x multiplier – how awesome is that!
- If the ring lands on position 3, you will receive a random prize for every wild symbol or gem that lands on the reels.
This iPad slot game features one of the most rarely used themes i.e. cosmic theme. However, this does not diminish the fun factor of the game but rather it adds more glamour to the game.
The free spins bonus in this game comes with some unique features that make the game very entertaining. Overall it gets a 8 point rating out of 10 points in our “The Fates” review.